TPS not reading 4 volts at WOT with JWT ECU

Raymond A. Kawski sr20de@epix.net
Mon, 19 Aug 2002 11:06:59 -0500

George Roffe wrote:

> Steve, voltage from the TPS is not a function of the ECU, but the
> TPS itself.

Yes from the TPS is a result of the TPS.  But the supply voltage
comes from the ECU and in this case that voltage was the
problem.  The ECU supplies 5.xx volts to the TPS.
Then TPS (basically a resistor) reduces the voltage.  The 3
wire sensor at the gas tank for some reason is drawing do
the TPS supply voltage.  Removing that 3 wire sensor
(gas tank pressure sensor) returns the TPS supply voltage
to normal.  And you need to readjust your TPS.

> past and it turned out to be the TPS was bad.  I cannot remember
> for sure though.  You might try an archive search (like I said,

Becuase you are an old fart.  :)

> it rings a bell but I'm not certain) or perhaps someone else
> can confirm this.

Alzheimers kicking in.  :)

RK