state of the list

Nick McCollom sakerocket2000@yahoo.com
Mon, 19 Aug 2002 01:23:30 -0500

Hey everyone, I have not posted much on here in a
couple years. but I agree this is still the central
home for all things sr20. It cant go. Five years ago I
couldnt change my own oil. but after 3 trannys, 1
motor countless suspension rebuilds including the sub
frame I know my car inside and out. I Have met some
really great people that have helped out a ton. I
spent a year lurking this mailing lists archives just
reading before I even joined. I still hadnt subscribed
untill after I showed up at GLB2, Matt Ostlund talked
me in to it. From that day on Kieran always referd to
me as the crazy guy on the auto-x. Many eastcoast
peeps that I wanna see that I havent in a few years,
and hopefully I'll find out there is a gathering of
some sort from this mailing list. I have learned so
much from this list and mostly this list. I do
frequent the forums but mostly because a lot of locals
are there. For example to tell you how much I have
learned, I got a call about 3 months ago and 3 more
since then that are similar. Anyway I answer the phone
and It's a mechanic that works at a Honda dealer about
50 miles away. He was putting an s13 motor in a 240sx
for some guy and couldnt get it to run. He called My
local Nissan dealer (same owner)and they gave him my
number! I nailed the prob in the first guess named a
couple others and he had it running in under 15 min.
I guess I'm trying to say we have a great thing here.
   Nick McCollom 93 saphire blue nx2000 10:1 motor Hs
cai, PS header, N1 exhaust, UR 4 pulley, JWT
mounts,JWT clutch, ST springs, AGX, ES master set,#1
stb, Falkin azenis 14.8 @ 91.3