Paint Removal From Plastic Trim Parts

RSlate1282@aol.com RSlate1282@aol.com
Sun, 18 Aug 2002 19:10:38 -0500

Hell List Members:

Has any one tried removing paint from the plastic trim parts on the inside of
your SE-R if they had been painted? I've searched the SE-R and Sentra web
sites and have found lots of information on how to paint the plastic trim
parts but so far I haven't found out a way to remove paint from painted
plastic trim parts. So far I've tried soaking in rubbing alcohol and Castrol
Super Clean and lightly scrubbing the plastic with 0000 fine steel wool but
it is taking the crinkle finish off of the plastic surface so that's out.
What I'm going to need is something that will get under the paint and lift it
up without harming the plastic trim. Any idea's, any one, other that just
buying new plastic trim parts? The owner before me painted the plastic trim
parts and I don't like the look of old peeling paint.

Thanks for any help

Ron Slate