TPS not reading 4 volts at WOT with JWT ECU

George Roffe geo3@earthlink.net
Sun, 18 Aug 2002 14:03:24 -0500

Steve Foltz wrote:

>I am a problem with my TPS not reading 4 volts at WOT with my JWT ECU.  I
>adjust it and the most I get is 3.35 but then it is at .8 at idle.  The
>voltage going to the TPS is only 4.1 or so and it should be 5.0 or higher.
>I swapped in my 98 ECU and the voltage going to the TPS jumped up to 5.1 or
>so.  Any ideas.  Thanks for your help.  I will be calling JWT on monday to
>see what they say.

Steve, voltage from the TPS is not a function of the ECU, but the TPS
itself.  I think I remember someone having this problem in the past and it
turned out to be the TPS was bad.  I cannot remember for sure though.  You
might try an archive search (like I said, it rings a bell but I'm not
certain) or perhaps someone else can confirm this.

George Roffe
Houston, TX
91 SE-R (well modded)
91 G20 turbo (well modded)
84 944 SCCA ITS race car under construction
<http://home.earthlink.net/~geo3/>