Fate of the list

Rick Warkentien sr20de@sunflower.com
Sat, 17 Aug 2002 22:26:42 -0500

I have been on the list since febuary. I joined just after I bought my 92
SE-R. I learned a lot about the car threw SE-R.net before i bought it. Knew
what to expect when i test drove it. Knew what to pay when i bargained for
it. Then i found the archives. It all took off from there.

I was also one of the early members of the SR20DEforum.com . My mebership
there has declined and i actually set up a seperate e-mail account just for
my SR20DE related e-mails (2 lists and the forums). Since then i have
switched from digest mode to real time mode on the list and have become
slightly more active on this list. The list has become much more of an
influence on me in the past months than the forums have.

The way i see things needing to work, Is to use the Forums as a sort of
proving ground. If you see someone on the forums that you think could find
better info on the list, or someone that would fit the group on the list
better than the forums, PM them and ask them to join. I think that the
forums could turn into a sort of filter. But in order for this to work we
need to have people actively recruiting from the forums. This would be a
benefit to us in many ways. It may help us filter out some of the people
that constatly spout off useless drivell and raise the bar on the S/N ratio
here on the list.

Maybe i will see if there is anybody i can try to recruit off the forums
next time i visit it. My vote is to keep the list around. I know its up to
you Larry, but it would be nice to have a great place to gather and meet
knew people. I thank you for all you have done for the SR20 community so far
and I wish you the best of luck no matter what happens to this list in the
future.

Sorry for the length, but i thought i would throw my 2 cents in as well.
Rick Warkentien
Likes his info raw too.....