READ THIS

Kevin J. Hart bowlcut@comcast.net
Sat, 17 Aug 2002 10:28:25 -0500

> I soon discovered that I was a second-class citizen of the list since my
> car was auto.  This led to my becoming an advocate and a resource for the
> auto trans.

I will second that one.  Cause this list is the ONLY place on the net with
ANY info for us few auto owners.  Yea we are the redheaded step childern of
the community but we are still are members.  Without the list the little
info we have on that subject would be gone forever.

I would hate to see the list go.  Yea im a moderator on the board, actualy
one of the 4 people to help Ben start the thing.  But Id rather have this
place over that place anyday.  Why?  Because it allows information to
dissiminate thoughout the community alot easier and more fully.  Not
everyone is able to get to the boards, but anyone with a hotmail account can
get on the list and get a digest and never miss a beat.  Personaly i think
the signal to noise ratio on the boards is horrible, there are times where i
simply refuse to post cause of it.  But here it is much better.  Sure we
have went though some ups and downs in it then again its all cylical.

Then again that old adage of "its in the archives" has always bugged me.
One reason why we started the board actualy.  To make a place that you could
ask a question and always get an answer.  Now it appears we have switched to
the archives reply to old questions.  I know I was a newbie at one point and
I would have liked to have got an answer instead of archives.  IMHO if you
know the answer, why not say it instead of saying, "i answered it before
find it please".  At the same time disscussion over and over again isnt
always necessary, answer the question and let it die.  I think if everything
was "check the archives" we wouldnt have any innovation on the list.  If so
we would still think $teelin was the only parts worth buying cause it was
all that is out there.  AEM intakes wouldnt be tried cause we all know Place
Racing has the best one, never to be replaced by Hot Shot cause why replace
it we know the PR one makes power.  If we dont step back and look at the
whole picture once in a while we get tunnel vision which I think the list
has had a few times.

Should it go, no.  Why?  Because it allows the community to stick together.
Without it we would end up being atleast 3 factions.  sr20deforum  vs
b15forum  vs   nissanforums.  Yea many cross post but at the same time most
look at others as having major problems and dont.  The list IMHO is the SE-R
community.  when i meet someone with a SE-R i dont say, you on the board? i
say you on the list?  Without the list I dont see the se-r community staying
viable as a group.

Kevin
93 classic (Automatic, Stuff)
list member since 98