SR20VE

Steve Foltz stevefoltz@hotmail.com
Sat, 17 Aug 2002 06:47:12 -0500

>Carsten and I have corresponded privately many times about his projects and
>mine.  Interestingly enough, he has privately told me he has not received
>much valuable help.  Sorry sharing a private conversation Carsten.  I just
>want folks to know it's not hell here and heaven on the forums.

Is he doing a VE swap and having a hard time getting help.  I find that very
hard to believe.  Lets see.  I got free help from SR20Development as a
result of the forum.  It was a lifesaver.  I would never have received that
help if it were not for the forum.  I received 2 phone numbers of people who
had recently done a VE swap.  I even went to Carlisle Car Show on very short
notice to see one of the swaps in person after discussing it on the forum.
I read the VE section of the forum daily and have not seen any plea's for
help.  If he is referring to another part of the forum then I have really no
comment.  It really is hit or miss on getting answers to some of the more
difficult questions.  I do know of one guy out in the Philippines who posted
in the VE section for help and received little good help.  But his problem
is ECU related and no one stateside uses the VE ECU.  And it's not heaven on
the forums in the VE section either.  I posted something about Dyno Tuning a
couple days ago and have no responses up to now.  I leave in 15 to go do the
test so I guess I am on my own.  That happens everywhere.

Steve Foltz
98 Sentra SE
VE tuning in the dark today.