READ THIS

NX2000BOY@aol.com NX2000BOY@aol.com
Fri, 16 Aug 2002 23:45:12 -0500

****Warning**** Long Post Ahead*****

    I've been a reader of the list since '99 and have, at times, lived
for the newest digest.  Its the one thing I can always depend
on when I come home from school, work, etc.  Recently, I have
noticed the techie stuff has been getting fewer and farther in
between the "for sale" (use the classifieds) posts and other
non-list relevant posts.  It has become one of those little
nagging thoughts in the back of my head, maybe being on
the list is not as important now as it was the first couple years
I owned my NX.  But this post from you, Larry, is right on time!

   I used to read the forum, but I'm a lot busier now and I don't
time to check each individual thread now for the latest post.
The list doesn't make me do this.  I can have a decompression
time where I learn stuff, disagree with people or just pass on by.

   Local lists help to bring people who are close geographically
together.  I don't see them supplanting the knowledge of this list,
even without the REALLY strong information people.  Being
around SoCal, I get to see a lot of what is happening with some
of these people.  They lead really busy lives, probably busier than
most.  Without THE LIST, I never would have found the local list.

   Because of this list I have aquired what I consider to be some
knowledge and I'm sure other people have too.  It is time for
those of us who have been here a while, have read about many
things, and worked on our cars longer than the newbies to step up.
I certainly admit to passing questions by when I might have known
the answer, thinking "I know someone else will know the answer
also, so I'll let them take the time to reply."  I also find that I reply
privately to people when I do respond to questions.  I'm going to
stop doing that, I promise.

   I suggest that there be a monthly? reminder that lets newbies know
the "list etiquette" (what are good posts and what are frowned upon
types of posts).  It might also serve as a good reminder for the
veterans.  Hopefully this will cut down on the "whats the best header"
and "how much horsepower can I get if I apply my clubz sticka to my
hood?" questions.

    I personally want to thank Larry, for having the list that has gotten
me so involved with SR20 cars, and to George Roffe and Mike Kojima,
for sticking with the list and helping so many people when he obviously
has manyother more important personal things to deal with.  Because
of this list, I have met a lot of great people who I enjoy hanging out with
more than many of my other friends, when our connection was
only that we had the same engine in our cars.  Because of this
list, I'm going to finally realize a dream I have had since I was
three, that dream of being a "race car driver".

   Keep the list.  Maybe reminders on proper subjects for
posting and more participation from those who have so
far mostly just taken, like me.  Maybe people should
not only include their name at the ends of posts, but also
location (obviously some people like G.R. already do).  This list
makes me want to be a better list participant. **sniff**

Finally done spewing,

Shannon Fitzpatrick
San Luis Obispo, Ca
'91 NX street car