READ THIS

Steve Foltz stevefoltz@hotmail.com
Fri, 16 Aug 2002 15:22:20 -0500

George said:
>I'll stand up and admit to being one of these people
snip)
>The reason for my response is to note that *every* forum I belong to >and
>certainly everyone that I'm a moderator on has exactly the >same ....

I butchered his quote but he was referring to tell people to use the search
button.  I will say I have also told people to use the search button on the
forum.  This in itself is not bad.  The forums search function actually
works and lets you find things with minimal time.  This search function is
horrible and should be inflicted on only those you hate.  I sound like I am
kidding but I have never found this mailing list search function
satisfactory.  Maybe for the well versed it works well but I have never
gotten to that point and Lord knows I have tried.  At least when I tell
someone to search on the forum I feel confident that they can, with a
reasonable amount of effort, find what they are looking for.  So don't feel
bad we need to improve the search function so that it is more usable.