READ THIS (long)

Alex Samardzich rwd_sr20det@importnut.net
Fri, 16 Aug 2002 12:57:24 -0500

>:I find this situation terribly sad.  Most of us involved in
>:the on-line community met here on the mailing list first.
>:Most of my best friends have come from this list and Kerry
>:and I have good friends all over the country as a result of
>:this list.  I'm sure if we travel overseas will have have
>:friends in other countries as a result of this list as well.

As I've been following this thread, I'm reminded of the old "Honda
Performance List"  As usual, forgive me for referring to a honda :)

The original Honda list was formed back in '93 or '94.  I ventured on in
'96.  From the time that I signed up to the time when it completely
disappeared, I made a lot of friends.  I contributed frequently.  Over
time, the "rice" and bs got so deep that the list owner killed it.  A
month or two later, it was back but in the hands of another list me
member.  This guy was a bit "odd" got mad and once again killed the
list.  In the list's last iteration, there were about 150 people.  The
die hards.  Conversation was deep, very focused and extremely
informative.  Any rice talk or bs talk was booed away and never heard
from again.  This beauty finally met it's demise unexpectedly one fine
day.

It was a very sad day for the Honda Enthusiast.  No, not the ricer, the
guy with rough, stock looking civic that was so much more.

The reason I bring this up, is that it looks like the SER list may go
the way of the serious honda list.  I met quite a few people and are
friends with these people to this day.  The shops that I deal with are a
result of the honda list.  I'm still known to die hard honda enthusiasts
across the country.

So, the fate of the list lays in the hands of the overlord.  If he
decides to pull the plug, I bit my farewell and thank you for your
conversation.  If the list continues, you can be sure I'll leave posts
referring to honda stuff :)

Just my thoughts,
Alex

'95 Civic GSR Coupe