READ THIS

Steve Foltz stevefoltz@hotmail.com
Fri, 16 Aug 2002 12:36:59 -0500

>The mailing list has been around for nearly a decade, but times do
>change. There is little point to maintaining the mailing list if this
>is the pattern for its future.

I have enjoyed the list for years but as of late have found it difficulty to
get help that I need.  I get sick of "search the archives" and such.  To
make the archives useful again the main se-r.net page needs to be updated.
The search function needs to be user friendly and people on this list need
to stop thinking they are above answering questions.  This list seems to
think it is the top tier of info but that is just not true.  I have yet to
see one discussion on the VE in the last year.  I have seldom seen new
members embraced rather then shunned for not knowing the answer by "search
the archives"  This list is getting passed by other groups not ashamed to
help.  I think this is fixable if you update the main site to include the
information that is in the archives, make the archives more user friendly
and change the attitude that some (not all by any length) have about
answering questions.  So I quess my answer is to keep the list if the group
is willing to make the changes on the main page and to improve the manner in
which information can be gathered.  As far as changing the attitude maybe
this is just the wakeup that some members need.

Steve Foltz