**Tein SS Coil-Over Kits** correction

cowboydren@b15sentra.net cowboydren@b15sentra.net
Mon, 12 Aug 2002 14:19:34 -0500

On Mon, Aug 12, 2002 at 12:22:54PM -0500, Don McLaurin wrote:

[On TIEN rebuilding]

> They don't say what shops can do this, or how much the rebuild kits
> cost, etc. They also don't list prices for individual shocks or springs,
> either.

Actually, I'm pretty sure that if you want a TIEN system rebuilt, you
have to send it back to them for the work to be "warranteed."  What kind
of general warranty is offered is beyond me, but if you have them done
by a local shop, whatever there *was* is now gone.  You can buy the
parts yourself, I'm sure, though.

Someone else asked if the springs were standard.  The SS series are
generally non-standard.  They have a tapered design that is almost as
large as a standard spring at the top, and a narrow base that sits on a
proprietary adjustable collar.

I wouldn't mind looking closer at the TIEN system, but the setup for a
B15 uses totally whack rates.  Not an option as far as I'm conscerned.

--
-=|JP|=-        "It's like a koala crapped a rainbow in my brain..."

'01 B15 SE/PP  |   http://www.cardomain.com/id/cowboydren/   |  <//><
'95 SL2 Auto   |         cowboydren @ b15sentra . net        |