OT: Rally Racing Reality TV Show

Eric Seppanen eds@reric.net
Fri, 9 Aug 2002 14:13:45 -0500

On Fri, Aug 09, 2002 at 01:40:51PM -0500, Matt MA wrote:
> This sounds kind of interesting... Any SE-R guys wanna apply?

> matt ma . 92 SE-R

> From: RRcasting@opmnetwork.net
> Subject: Casting Call for Reality TV's Fastest New Show!

> We are casting the HOT new Reality TV show RALLY RACER with a diverse cast
> of characters. We are looking for you to possibly fill the role of a
> RACECAR DRIVER.

These guys have been around for a couple of years now, scooping up entry
fees from people, and somehow, they haven't quite managed to put a show
together yet.

A skeptical person might wonder whether they have any chance of actually
funding a show of this magnitude, or getting it on the air.  An even more
skeptical person may wonder if they just plan on stringing folks along and
pocketing all the "entry fees".  Listen to your gut: does this sound too
good to be true?

Would a real TV production company have their website registered using
someone's residential address and phone number?  Would they be sending
email through a well known spam shop?

There's plenty of ways to get involved in auto racing, and lots of them
are within reach of the average person's budget.

Please be warned: this smells like a scam to me.  I have heard no mention
within the U.S. rally community that these guys have _ever_ acquired cars
or done anything for their "entrants" other than take their money.

Eric

BTW, keep an eye out for results from the Ojibwe Forests ProRally
starting in one week.  It'll be my first national-level event.
http://www.ojibweforestsrally.com/