VERY early SE-R...

Jim Wright wrightj@apple.com
Thu, 8 Aug 2002 03:08:42 -0500

Well, I knew I had one of the earliest SE-R'spicked up my '91 in early
November of '90.  Now I've got an idea of just how early mine is.

My starter went out on the way home from work, luckily (?) I have a dead
SE-R in the garage with a good starter, so I pulled that one, and swapped it
for the dead one.  The dead one was the original Hitachi model (63J00), and
the serial number on it was 097.  Cool.

The interesting thing is that my broken SE-R is actually earlier than my
daily driver, its VIN number is about 50 less, but it had a rebuilt starter
on it, so I couldn't compare the number from that one.

Don't know that starter serial numbers matter all that much, just thought it
was interesting.  ;)