more street racing on mtv

spdracer@mail.utexas.edu spdracer@mail.utexas.edu
Wed, 7 Aug 2002 23:43:19 -0500

Well, tonight, they showed "Flipped".  Didn't know what it was until I watched
it.  But basically, they took two people and showed them what the possible
consequences of street racing were to scare the crap outta them and persuade
them to stop racing.  They staged this bust by cops with one of the guys
running and dying.  It looks like "Flipped" has done similar things with drugs,
etc.

Well, Thursday night at 10pm ET on MTV, is the documentary series "True Life"
which will be about street racing.  I've watched other episodes of "True Life"
about AIDS and such and they're really good.  They seem to get the real low
down on things.  I expect it to be a really good show.  If anything, set your
VCRs and watch it when you get bored.

Khiem