car

geo3@earthlink.net geo3@earthlink.net
Wed, 7 Aug 2002 16:16:18 -0500

John wrote:

>I made fun of it, but lets go easy, he *is/was* on the list.

You know, I've been pretty guilty of making fun of cars like this in the
past, but.....  Let's not crush the guy.  Perhaps we can convince him that
there are better ways of spending money on your car than all show.  Or
perhaps that too much is just too much.

To the owner of this car, I say:  Let us show you the value of having a
sleeper....  a car that doesn't look the part, but will make drivers of
expensive cars think something is wrong with their car instead of thinking
something is wrong with yours.

Or, one that is styling in a very functional way.  For instance:

I would buy some real racing seats or some Recaro seats instead of spending
the money on those seat coverings.

I would spend the money crafting a small, functional, lightweight,
unobtrusive airdam rather than building that huge ass end (rear bumper).

I'd keep the very functional red tail lights and license plate mount and
put that money into a nice, non-ricey MOMO steering wheel and shift knob.

Different isn't always good, and as Heuy Lewis (who?) said, "sometimes, bad
is bad."

Dude, you won't find much enthusiasm here for the styling you've done.
But, if you want to build a very functional, performance oriented car, we
can hook you up.

George Roffe