Lucas oils

Wayne Cox wmc_sr20@bellsouth.net
Mon, 5 Aug 2002 21:27:07 -0500

At 07:49 PM 8/5/2002 -0500, you wrote:
>You can turn to wheels and it shows 2 mechanical parts being lubricated
>and one retains more oil than the one without the Lucus stuff.

You could put tar in there, and it would stick better than either of the
two, I bet!   Stickiness does not equal good lubrication.  The clearance
between your rings and cylinders, or your bottom end bearings is about
0.0004".  Thin oil at high pressure is what'ca want.

>Heard anything good or bad about Lucas in general? It might take away some
>of our valve clatter  if it's legit! What do you think?

Well, the British Lucas is known for making some of the most unreliable,
crappy, all around garbage fucking automotive components in semi-modern
automotive history.  They make Ford & Chrysler look good.  Are they related
to these guys?  Oil additives are bull shit.  Period.  I usually hate to
see the government nosing into our lives, but I was damn pleased to see the
FTC or whomever it was shutdown the con artists running Slick-50 !
    -Wayne