funny thing - seat stuck in back position.

The Walrus walrusx4@maine.rr.com
Sun, 4 Aug 2002 23:00:24 -0500

funny thing. Allow me to set the scene.

My 91' NX2000 seats were junk - ripped like the rest - I got some nicer
condition ones from a 92' NX1600 in a junkyard (lucky find). I ended up
putting my rails onto these seats (even though they're the same rails, the
seats used to be in my sentra so they had sentra rails on them - long story
not important).

My drivers seat isocked in the all the way back position. I am six feet tall
but this is unworkable. I cannot get the rear right bolt off with the seat
in this position. It moves like 2 inches freely, but then it stops cold. the
problem is in the right runner, because the left runner is moving freely now
that I separated that side of the seat setup. the bar that attaches the
'teeth' mechanism that locks the seat in place (or allows it to move) is
intact, so that's not the problem.

This is more frustrating than almost ANYTHING I have encountered. I have
started cutting through the braces with my dremel, and I'm off to walmart
tommorow to get a right angle adapter and complete the job.

Any input? Pity? I have some extra rails (from the nx1600) so destroying
these will be okay.

Thanks guys.

Dan
Southern Maine