G20 windows possessed

Jim Wright wrightj@apple.com
Sat, 3 Aug 2002 00:41:19 -0500

On 8/2/02 9:46 PM, "George Roffe" <geo3@earthlink.net> wrote:

> Matt MA wrote:

>> Something similar happened to me, although it was on my manual crank

> OK folks, this was the closest to the correct answer.

Huh?  What am I, chopped liver?  I was closer than that.

> The top of the "carrier" broke, allowing the cable and hex to
> move freely w/o the window.

Broken plastic bits, I said that.

> Looks like I will have to replace the track.

I said that.

> The biggest trick will be figuring out how to disconnect the cable from the
> track.

I said that too.  ;)

If the cable is in good shape, it can be done, just a matter of getting the
old one off.I don't remember the specifics from the Max, but the G is
probably different enough anyway.  Mainly should just be a matter of getting
it popped out from around the pulleys, then popping it back on around the
new track's pulleys.