QR25 Throttle Not opening

Daniel Kort Daniel Kort" <dkort@eng.utoledo.edu
Fri, 2 Aug 2002 17:13:12 -0500

> throttle body?  If yes, what does the scanner say?  Is the butterfly
> *really* opening to 85%, or is the ECU just feeding poo back through the
> diagnostics port?  Lots more to learn before we start pointing fingers...

I tried that too.  With the ignition on, but the car not running, the
throttle does not open.  The reading just stays at 3%, which I assume is the
starting position, with 63 degrees advance on the timing! :).  Unfortunetly,
for obvious reaons it is difficult to take the snorkle off and have someone
watch to see if it is opening all of the way or not.

Any other ideas?

Dan