G20 windows possessed

Jim Wright wrightj@apple.com
Fri, 2 Aug 2002 12:55:16 -0500

On 8/2/02 12:17 PM, "geo3@earthlink.net" <geo3@earthlink.net> wrote:

> OK, I did a quick search of the G20 Forum and the SE-R list archives but
> didn't find this exact problem (or one close enough).  I'd search some
> more, but I *have* to leave for a doctor's appt in the next 5 minutes.

Try searching with these terms:

Window power motor down up grinding and turd.  ;)

> When she presses the button to raise the glass, nothing happens.

> When she presses the button to lower the glass the motor runs and makes a
> really nasty noise.

> Anybody experience this or have any ideas?

This sounds almost identical to what happened on my wife's Maxima.  The
window hadn't gone down all the way, only about half way.

Basically, what I found was that the pulley the cables slide on inside had
fractured, causing the cable to slip, then bind.  Most likely if you pull
the door panel off you'll find that the cable or some plastic bit has broken
which caused the window to drop.

I was once able to replace just the rails, but usually when you go to the
junk yard for parts you get the motor and rails as a unit.

Let us know what you find!