Interior "Pain"ting

The Walrus walrusx4@maine.rr.com
Thu, 1 Aug 2002 01:33:14 -0500

I tried to paint my interior once. Yellow.

I got carried away and did the whole thing in yellow.

Yellow.

Thank god it was my 1.6 sentra E and not my NX2000. It subsequentially all
got chippy and crappy - why? because I used normal spraypaint. I thought if
I sanded and used a primer, and then put on like 10 layers of paint, it
would be okay. Lo-and-behold it was not and became very, very, very, crappy.
Now I want to 'tastfully' accent my NX with some blue touches on the
interior and the instrument cluster. I have searched the archives and the
internet search engines, and I can't think of any other way to word it -
what paint do I use? what prep do i use?

I went to VIP (local parts monkeys) and they throw me some sketchy plastic
bonding stuff then you use regular paint. Makes me nervous.

I went to Carquest (local parts gurus w/paint) and they pointed me at stuff
that was like, 100-150 dollars a quart!!! and I had to buy a quart of prep
and a quart of paint!!!

There has GOT TO be an economical way to do this reliably. I want to do a
darkish blue (not navy) but a vivid blue that would go well with black.

Any input?

perhaps I should go to the honda list with this? ;-)

Dan
Southern ME
91' Black NX2k