Exhaust still too loud

Lee Combs sr20depower@yahoo.com
Tue, 30 Jul 2002 08:29:50 -0500

You may remember me asking about a resonator a few
weeks ago on the list. I then opted for the Stromung
catback and asked Scott to beef up the resonator to
24", almost twice the size of the standard one.

the catb ack is a great loking system, however it is
still quite loud and now raspy. I sound like a Honda
boy now. :(

Anywho, I have two options before me. Please let me
hear your opinions on these, especially #2.

1. Put the stock dual tip can back on. As a reminder,
this is the B15 can...dual tip with the valve thingy
in there. Quiet, but how restrictive, I dunno. I
know...gotta give up something to get something. :)

2. OBX Muffler with silencer. The silencer part kind
of concerns me. It seems this would make it more
restrictive than the OEM can with the valve thingy. It
just seems to be putting a banana in the tailpipe.(for
lack of a better word...thanks to Eddie Murphy) shove
a sock in the tip and WOW! how quiet is that!!
(<--sarcasm)

Anyone have the OBX muffler with silencer? Is it worth
it? does it feel congested? Maybe the stock can is the
answer for me.

As usual...
TIA