North Carolina (roads)

Torry Skurski ezcheese15@yahoo.com
Mon, 29 Jul 2002 16:25:56 -0500

Last time I drove the Tail of the Dragon in NC/TN, I *did* see quite a
few cops there.  However, they will not pull you over for speeding.
Only for illegal passing (which happens a lot on that road), or if you
very obviously pushing quite hard.

I was pushing my B14 110% up there, squeeling in every corner, keeping
up with some modded FD's.  I passed a cop while pushing my car 110% (cop
going the opposite direction), and he even had his radar on (radar
detector went off).  He didn't do so much as flinch as I sped past.
They really don't care.  I was told by some regulars up there that they
are only up there basically to clean up the wrecks.  Oh, and BTW, the
speed limits up there are 45/55 for TN/NC on that road.  You have to
really try to break the speed limits, especially on the NC side.

Oh, and Brian, it's 318 turns in 11 miles :-)  www.dealsgap.com
<http://www.dealsgap.com/>