How to correctly safety wire brake rotors?

noriko noriko@pdq.net
Sun, 28 Jul 2002 13:01:26 -0500

guys/gals, i've posted in many forums (even in sr20deforums) and no one can
give me an answer.  you guys are my last hope.

how do you safety wire rotors? i've been looking at websites and i'm not sure
which is the correct way.

i know i'll be needing some Loctites and safet wires. any recommendation on
how thick the wire should be?

also, can i link all bolts up with 1 wire and twist them up together at the
end? or should i do it 2 bolts at a time?

here's a website that uses ONE wire and loop through all the bolts:
http://www.so-calspeedshop.com/howtos/brakes/brakes1.html

here's a site that only do 2 bolts at a time:
http://www.rx7turboturbo.com/robrobinette/safety_wire.htm

thanks
dus