Coolant plug help...please.

Sentras@webtv.net Sentras@webtv.net
Sat, 27 Jul 2002 16:05:55 -0500

     Does anyone have any ideas about removing the coolant/antifreeze
plug from the engine block? The previous owner stripped to plug head,
not completely though, and a 14mm socket will not work. If I had a
13.5mm or 17/32" socket it may come off but I don't. As everyone knows,
you cannot get visegrips in that confined space, only a socket. It's on
there pretty tight and the 14mm socket I have will just strip it more.
If it's impossible, what would be the best way to remove all the
coolant? I would like to remove all the coolant because I'm putting in
the 'orange stuff' which is suppose to be better.

     Please respond to me privately because I'm on the digest list and
would like ideas asap.

Eric Hope
Tampa, FL.