Grounded Knock Sensor (QR25)

Daniel Kort Daniel Kort" <dkort@eng.utoledo.edu
Sat, 27 Jul 2002 05:28:51 -0500

This is what I meant to express.  I did word it poorly, and for that I
apologize.  With the knock sensor mounted that far away, the ECU could keep
traveling up the ignition map in the ECU until it actually exceeds what the
driving conditions (bad gas, atmosphere conditions, etc..) allow causing
excessive knock before it is heard by the firewall mounted knock sensor.

As long as the car is close to stock and the driver is smart I imagine that
it would still be alright, but I would be interested to see what the
differences in timing are in a stock car with the knock sensor mounted in
the stock location and with the  firewall mount.  I know there are a bunch
of Spec owners that are buying dataloggers for their car.  Hopefully one of
them will try this and let us know what they find.

Dan