G20 emission woes, and solved it...

Adam Koo isd2k@hotmail.com
Fri, 26 Jul 2002 19:49:46 -0500

Hi all,
I faced similar problems with my G20 a week ago. She failed emission test at
15mph with excessive hydrocarbon and NOx.

However, I did these stuffs respectively over the weekend:
1) oil and filter change with Mobil 1 and OEM filter
2) coolant flush
3) Fuel filter replaced with OEM type
4) spark plugs replaced with NGK platinums
5) cap and rotor replaced with OEM parts
6) air filter replaced with cheap Walmart paper type
7) timing around 16 degree
8) added a bottle of gasoline addictive that supposed to clean out the fuel
system

And today she passed with flying colors. I find those gasoline addictives do
work in my case. However I am lucky too because my stock manifold is leaking
really bad, and the rest of the exhaust is rust to hell.

Just perform the necessary maintenance, I am sure the car can pass the test.

Adam