Still no luck with cooling fans....

Wayne Cox wmc_sr20@bellsouth.net
Fri, 26 Jul 2002 14:04:11 -0500

At 01:44 PM 7/26/2002 -0500, you wrote:
>HI all-checked the relays on my nx last night and still can't figure out why
>the radiator fan # 1(driver's side) won't shut off when the ignition is off.
>The other fan is fine/working properly.

This is just a wild guess, but since I haven't seen many other responses,
maybe it's of some help...  In some cases a bad ECU will cause the fans to
run all the time.  However, I think that's only when the ignition is
on.  The logic is, the ECU knows it's not functioning right, therefore it
can't be sure what the engine temperature it, so just to be safe and not
have a meltdown run the fan all the time.

IIRC, the driver's side fan runs based on engine temp, and the psngr side
runs anytime the A/C is switched on.  Do you have a FSM to track it through
the wiring?
    -Wayne