A few more NX2000 SR20DET musings

The Walrus walrusx4@maine.rr.com
Fri, 26 Jul 2002 05:23:10 -0500

damn yo.

I'd be talking about a stock SR20DET install. save the extra boost for when
I'm over the age of 25. I'm only 20 now and I think I would need a new set
of pants everytime I drove it if it had too much more balls.

That's where I get me 1500-2000 pricetag from really.

What is this FMIC business? I do not know what that means - oh wait, Front
Mounted InterCooler? You guys and your whack ghetto slang ;-). Do you know
how long it took me to learn what JDM stands for? there should be a book of
Import Tuning for dummys.

The Stock 'IC' would be adequate at first, but again, my pricetag I guess
would be to get a machine reliably running with an SR20DET in stock format.

I originally bought a 93' Sentra E so I could learn better about how to do
my own automotive work, I don't know if you've all seen these under the
hood, but particularly the 'E' model, it is so EMPTY. There is nothing there
to get in your way or break.

Now I've graduated to my SR20DE, and my arms have become that much more
flexible for the experience.

I think the next step will be the engine replacement, sometime within a year
or so.

BTW, some prices from SR20Developement - they failed to give me a price on a
motor, that is a: JDM TMIC SR20DET OTOH WTF blah.

Downpipe 350
Intakepipe 235
"FMIC kit" 1200 (that seemed MORE than a little steep)

JWT ECU 585
fuel pump 275

Thanks for the thoughts. finally a good thread.

Dan
Southern Maine
91' NX2000 Black

> From: "Hammer Down" <hammer_down@hotmail.com>
> To: walrusx4@maine.rr.com, se-r@lists.deskmedia.com
> Subject: Re: NX2000 SR20DET musings
> Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2002 00:04:33 -0500

> Hey Dan, I have done the DET conversion to my OLD 1993 SE-r.  I spent
about
> $7000 on the whole thing but I was also upgrading suspension and brakes at
> the time.  I didn't do the exhaust nor an FMIC.  I would reccomend both
but