NX2000 SR20DET musings

Heath Vogt rallybug@yahoo.com
Thu, 25 Jul 2002 07:21:29 -0500

> another topic for discussion is: is doing this work
> worth it? I mean, an 11
> year old car, (mines a 1991 NX2000) with it's share
> of parking lot dings.

Truely only you can decide if it is worth it to you.
You know you won't get your mod money out of it if you
sell it, but that's just par for the course.  Parking
lot dings can be fixed, but hey, it's not how it
looks, but how it goes that's really important - at
least to some of us.  Dings just make it that less
suspect.  Don't know what kind of shape the rest of
the car is for 11 years old (suspension tight ect.)
but even that stuff can be serviced as long as the
body is tight.

I'd look at what your NX2000 will perform like with
$1500 (+, there is always a +) worth of Turbo, and
enough $$ in the brakes to compensate for the Turbo.
Compare that to what it will cost you to buy a
different car that has the same performance level.
You won't touch a new car that has that level of
performance for the cost of your NX2000 + mods.  Used?
 Not sure...  I'm pretty sure if I put $10,000 into my
wife's Sentra SE, I'd have a hard time finding a stock
new or used car for 20g's that would beat it.

just my .02

Heath

=====
Heath Vogt BSME