NX2000 SR20DET musings

The Walrus walrusx4@maine.rr.com
Thu, 25 Jul 2002 00:04:51 -0500

Everyone seems to be talking about stupid stuff, so I thought I would bring
us back to topic. I've been playing with the idea of turboing my NX2000, and
I've done some research in the archives, SR20DEformus etc., I think I could
get the necesary materials for around $1500 (and do it right). I might have
to spend a little more to have someone weld a downpipe for me, but I'm still
pre-liminary here.

I see JDM SR20DEs on ebay for 700 dollars, they claim to have less than 30k
on them - what do you guys think of those? anyone get one?

another topic for discussion is: is doing this work worth it? I mean, an 11
year old car, (mines a 1991 NX2000) with it's share of parking lot dings.
the one thing I can say in it's favor is that the body is rather rustless
for the most part for a car that spent most if not all of it's life in new
england - more than I can say for the B13 sentra! those sucker's rust at the
rockers like it ain't no thang!

anyone for a ON TOPIC discussion? no offense to the current on-topic
threads - kudos to you.

If no one feels like shooting the shiat, or is offended by my front, I
apologize, I've said stupid stuff on the list before:

any one want some more info on a *real* nx2000?

whoops - haha.

Dan Landberg
1991 black NX2000
Southern Maine