50 shot plugs and gap

COOKIE JARANILLA Jaranc@lacera.com
Wed, 24 Jul 2002 10:19:59 -0500

Information on se-r.net is stale.  I am seeking fresher
perspectives in light of the plentitude of available plugs
out there.

The sr20deforum/nitrous forum had a wealth of posts,
however the ngk copper vs platinum is unresolved.  There
is also a very wide base of opinions on plug gaps.

I have a feeling, I'm going to have to find out for myself and
dyno test several plugs/gap combinations.

Personally I have tried the Bkr6e gapped at .030 and it
felt a whole lot rougher (50rpm lower) in idling and part-throttle
response than the pfr6b-11 at standard gap.  It seems the
latter has more spark energy in that situation.  Although I
cannot confirm which plug works better at WOT with the NOS
spraying.  Higher cylinder pressures logically dictates a
closer gap spec. but do I have to live with the
drivability compromise?

Cookie

On Tue, Jul 23, 2002 at 03:50:47PM -0500, COOKIE JARANILLA wrote:

> I would like to get the national lists opinon on
> recommended plugs for a full bolt-on lowport
> with a JWT 50 shot.

Pretty sure that you can find this information on SE-R.net, which was
written by (prominent) LMs.  Whether you go with copper, platinum, or
iridium (and why or why not) has yet to be stated in plain words.

--
-=|JP|=-               Cheap, Fast, Reliable; Pick any Two.

'01 B15 SE/PP  |   http://www.cardomain.com/id/cowboydren/   |  <//><
'95 SL2 Auto   |         cowboydren @ b15sentra . net        |