Next Project

hlava lhlvava@tampabay.rr.com
Tue, 23 Jul 2002 20:14:19 -0500

Decided to raise the car and jackstand it when I got home tonight. Wanted to
take a look at what I'm going to be beating on in the near future... will
start spraying bolts and whatnot with pb blaster tomorrow night. This looks
like about a 4 hour job... which means about all day for me,lol.

While I was under there, I decided to test the bolts and fittings of
everything I touched when I did the motor mounts last month. Everything is
still tight and torqued correctly, yippy. I did notice one thing. The bolt
that goes through the shifter bushing housing is pressed tight against the
ER torque mount. Will or is this going to cause any problems? I didn't
notice it when I put the mount in... I was just soooo damn glad when I
finally got the mount to go up and in. I never noticed any huge difference
in the shifts after I had installed the bushing, at the time I just figured
it was because the old bushing wasn't in bad shape. I've noticed a bit
smoother transitions in gears with the Motul Ester I put in, but again,
nothing major. After some research, I just figured that it was time to
replace the clutch cable. In other words, the car shifts feel kind of
notchy. And sometimes, it's a real pain to get it into reverse. If I do the
shifts much slower, it's very smooth.... I never force a shift.

To the point... is the ES mount interferring with my shifts or am I still
looking at the clutch cable as the culprit? If the ES mount is doing damage,
do I have to take everything off again(God, I hope not) to shave the mount?
And is this a good time to have a Dremel?

Krist, I'm full of questions tonight.... must be MAM syndrome.

Lastly, thanks for all the information on the TRW and Moog joints. Now it's
time to locate, price, and double check the effectiveness of the TRW joint.

Thanks again,
Mark(If you're feeling lucky... call me "Nick")