springs on the cheap

Wayne Cox wmc_sr20@bellsouth.net
Tue, 23 Jul 2002 19:03:01 -0500

At 05:44 PM 7/23/2002 -0500, you wrote:
>I went ahead and got the pro-kits because they were available ...  umm,
>the front shocks bottom out almost anywhere, and umm, well, the car rides
>_way_ too low for most dirt gravel roads that haven't been graded recently.

There is a way cool deal about to come to fruition.  After realizing the
big drop springs we all thought were cool 7 years ago screw things up, and
the fact the Ground Control coil overs are expensive, noisy and
problematic, someone decided to come up with a better solution.

A couple list members got a group deal going to have custom OEM-style
springs engineered and manufactured for the B-13s with performance, not
appearance, in mind.  After several months, they are probably being
manufactured and shipped at this very moment.  They are 300 lb/in front and
200 rear, with only a 1" drop to avoid suspension bottoming.  They go on
your struts just like Eibachs or others.  If you got in on the deal
earlier, we got over the 50 unit hurdle and the price is $239 a set.  There
are *probably* a few extra sets being made.  Check the forums web site
under "classics" for the spring deal.  You might still get in.

   -Wayne