Next Project

geo3@earthlink.net geo3@earthlink.net
Tue, 23 Jul 2002 10:31:58 -0500

Rick Warkentien <sr20de@sunflower.com> wrote:

>George, I work for Advance auto Parts and we carry the TRW line of parts.

I am the Inventory Accounting Manager for Big A Auto Parts (we are shutting
down our business now - sold all our stores to Carquest) and we have been
gettting them as well.

>If Federal mogul discontinued them how are we still getting them? Just
kinda
>curious but i have heard nothing from our supplierers about a dicontinuance
>in this particular brand.
   <snip>
>I don't know whats going on with this deal...

OK....

I just went down the hall and asked my counterpart in operations what the
deal is.  Federal Mogul *is* still making and shipping TRW chassis parts
(good news).  When Federal Mogul acquired Moog they were going to
discontinue their TRW line.  But, it appears that there was a change of
heart or something.  It's business as usual for TRW chassis parts.  Thanks
for bringing this to the forefront.

George Roffe
Inventory Accounting Manager Big A Auto Parts (shutting down)