Tools

geo3@earthlink.net geo3@earthlink.net
Mon, 22 Jul 2002 15:42:35 -0500

Matt MA <MA@legacypartners.com> wrote:

>Also, can I use regular sockets with an impact wrench?

Can, or should?  Of course you can.  They fit.  But you *really* shouldn't.
I've done it once or twice when I've been in a pinch and had the right size
regular socket but not an impact, but it scares me everytime.

>What's the advantage of using impact sockets?

They don't break or shatter (as often I guess).

This is a serious safety issue.  I would *not* really hammer on a regular
socket with an impact.  The only time I used a regular socket with an
impact was when I was compressing or decompressing a spring compressor.
And that wasn't even very smart to do.

George Roffe
Lucky monkey