New Guy - Cold air intake Sentra SE and motor mounts

Heath Vogt rallybug@yahoo.com
Mon, 22 Jul 2002 11:08:25 -0500

Hi all, I'm new to the list.  Just bought my wife a
1998 Sentra SE (only 42,000 miles)last Saturday to
replace her totaled Saturn (T-boned a F-150 extended
cab that ran a stop sign, not pretty).  Started
looking for a cold air intake for it and found the
Stillen one that goes through the fenderwell.  Does
anyone run one of these?  From the photos I can't tell
weither it is protected by an inner fender or not -
obviously it wouldn't be good to have road grime
thrown up on the filter.   So any elaberation on this
or any advice on where else to get a good cold-air
intake would be much appreciated. - next week I'll ask
about exhausts that aren't too loud or two obvious -
she wants to go the sleeper route on this car.

The other question I have is about a "Voluntary
service campaign on engine mount replacement."  Is
there any way, short of taking the car to the Nissan
dealer, to find out if my car has had these replaced
or not.  The front mount sure seems to have a lot of
play in it.  Do the ones they replace with hold up
better?  Or am I better off just going straight to
Engergy Suspension mounts?

Also, Why is it so hard to find parts for this car?  I
couldn't find a distributor cap and rotor or plug
wires anywhere.  Most places couldn't even order them.
 Even the dealer said it was a 3 day order.  Is there
someplace I can look up the interchanges between the
Sentra SE and the other cars that use this engine?  In
other words, would I have better luck looking for plug
wires for a '97 200SX?

Thanks in advance for any and all input!

Heath

P.S.  While reading about a SR20DET swap in SCC, they
said the engine came attached to a AWD slush box, but
didn't say what it was out of.  This of course got
ideas running through my nasty little head - is there
a way to turn a Sentra AWD?

=====
Heath Vogt BSME
'69 Baja Bug - Brutus "the wonder bug"