Help now it won't show any sign of life.

Tim Rogers timrogers@charter.net
Mon, 22 Jul 2002 09:08:46 -0500

Zach wrote:
"Update it showed signs of life briefly I went out this
morning tried starting it and it started right up so I
buttoned everything up and went for a very short drive
3 blocks away when i got it up to 5000 rpm everything
cut out on me any Ideas maybe a ECU? any ideas would be
appreciated. By the way the check engine light didn't
come on till the motor died."

Well, if it was a problem with the MAF, we would expect it to rev. to 4000
rpm, but no higher and then keep running at lower rpm.
When it cut out, did it start again or is it back to a dead state?
Have you tried to pull any codes out of the ECU yet?
Do you have any modifications done to your motor?
Have you checked all of the fuses?

Tim Rogers