Helping a friends dead SE-R

Christopher Seabert wickedsr20de@hotmail.com
Sun, 21 Jul 2002 04:57:19 -0500

My friends 92 SE-R is having trouble starting. What happens is that it
cranks and cranks and cranks but no start.  We have checked to see if there
is spark and there is. When we turn the key to the on position we hear the
fuel pump buzzing so that I can assume it is working. We took off #4 spark
plug wire out and it was stuck. We use a plier to wiggle it loose but still
stuck. Then my friend pulled it really hard and it came out but it came
apart. What I mean is that you know the rubber round part on the bottom part
of the wire came off and it is stuck on the spark plug still in engine. So
now we have to take off the valve cover and start cutting away at the rubber
part and try to take it out piece by piece with a chop stick to fit a spark
plug socket around the plug. We are going to attempt it in the morning but
was wondering what you guys think could be the problem.

It is a automatic SE-R and I have seach the list of past posts.  I read
about needing at least two gallons to start so I will double check that.  I
also have read the 92 SE-Rs had a fuel pump recall. So got to check that
too.  Last but no least someone said it could be a blown rocker arm. I guess
we will know when we take the valve cover off.

So we just wondering if anyone else had any other suggestions to what else
could cause a no start problem---engine just keeps cranking.

Thanks,
Chris