Tools

hlava lhlvava@tampabay.rr.com
Fri, 19 Jul 2002 20:46:53 -0500

Now, if I could find a deal like that, I'd jump all over it like wet salami.
Actually, that's a pretty sick picture... but you get the point. It does
give me an idea, though.... let's try looking in the classifieds, duh.

On another note, does anyone know of a specific brand or size of ramps to
use? Most of the ones I've seen are only 5 to 6 inches high. The car only
has about 6 inches of clearance by itself, so only having about 1 foot of
space to work under is not enough. I've used a set of jackstands before, but
it takes so damn much trouble to get workable height... jack up the front of
the car, adjust the stands, place blocks of wood under jack and jack higher,
adjust the stands... and the same in reverse, pita.

Later,
Mark