Tools

Louis Rosanova Louis Rosanova" <lrosanova@rogers.com
Fri, 19 Jul 2002 18:44:54 -0500

When buying pneumatic tools it best to find out who makes what.  An example
is Home Depots Husky Line.  The pneumatic tools are made by Florida
Pneumatic, while the Husky compressors are made by Campbell Hausfeld.  Also
the Husky tool chests and boxes are made by Stanley Tools.

My advice is go to your local Home Depot and ask if any compressors have
been brought back.  You will save a good deal and can actually negotiate
with the manager on price.  I picked up a Husky 5HP 26gallon Horizontal tank
cast iron motor (uses oil) 5.8 or 5.6 cfm @ 90psi, and paid $225 Canadian.
It was never used, just returned without the box.

Also dont buy those cheap hard plastic hoses.  By the softest rubber hoses
you can find.  It will save you big headaches when the temps get cold.  For
pneumatic tools I would recommend buying the Husky Pneumatics, since they
have a lifetime warranty and there priced really well, and quality is very
good.  Plus if it breaks just so to HD and they will give you a new one.

When buying a compressor make sure you know what your going to be doing with
it.  On average all you ever need is a 5hp comp.  If your going to be any
work the requires the tool to be run constantly than you are going need a
serious comp.

Louis Rosanova
95 200sx SE-R