Breaking in Pads

cowboydren@b15sentra.net cowboydren@b15sentra.net
Fri, 19 Jul 2002 01:49:12 -0500

On Wed, Jul 17, 2002 at 10:55:31AM -0500, mkogan@ma.ultranet.com wrote:

> First of all, he probably did not do it wrong, but what he is seeing is one
> of two things that will happen with slotted rotors.

And a prime example of why bedding new pads with old rotors is a good
idea. ;)  Not that using old, slotted rotors would help at all, but *if*
it were me, and *if* I actually practiced what I preach more than 26% of
the time, I would have bedded several of those fancy pads whilst still
equipped with stock rotors.  Slightly less pad carnage to deal with.

My front stuffs are being replaced tomorrow morning, btw, for anyone who knew
what was going on.  Abnormal pad wear on the passenger front from having
one really really soft pad inside and one really really hard pad outside,
same caliper, heavy scoring on the outside rotor surface.  Cross your
fingers for me.

--
-=|JP|=-               Cheap, Fast, Reliable; Pick any Two.

'01 B15 SE/PP  |   http://www.cardomain.com/id/cowboydren/   |  <//><
'95 SL2 Auto   |         cowboydren @ b15sentra . net        |