Oh Joy... More car troubles (clutch)

Mike Jez 93SER@attbi.com
Thu, 18 Jul 2002 18:42:21 -0500

> The ACT Xtreme with the six puck disc is a good tranny
> breaker on our cars.
Yeah the whole point being here I'm not using it on a SR20 but on a VQ30
tranny which is way stronger and bigger. I have a warranty on the car for
another 100K miles on the drive train, U damn skippy if the tranns goes I
will be getting a LSD equppied 20th Aniv 5spd tranny. Plus rebuilding a
tranny is a piece of cake. I think its the driver and not the tranns that
goes bad, shit I used to drive a 300K mile Isuzu Impulse back in the day RWD
turbo...and it had a OE clutch still and it grabbed fine I put over 70K
miles on it and it was still good. I know how to drive a 5spd, I got 34K
miles out of my OE Maxima clutch, why ?? Cause I race it, NOS it, and let
other people drive the car when I'm too drunk to drive it myself. If it
wasn't for that I think I can get over 100K miles out of it if I didn't
drive it like I stole it.
Mike Jez
01 Maxima chirps 2nd every day 6800RPM fuel cut shifts all day long
93 SE-R every bolt on, Vigen Blue, SSR Comp wheels, sounds, soon to be daily
pimp ride.