shudder on hard acceleration

? ?" <grailer@yifan.net
Thu, 18 Jul 2002 16:40:10 -0500

"The Walrus" <walrusx4@maine.rr.com> wrote:

  > My car *still* shudders on hard acceleration, and it's funny
  > because it smoothes out when a constant speed is attained. My
  > suspicion is the half-shaft axle...

Your suspicion is correct - I've had it happen on two cars. If you've already
replaced the passenger side, try the driver's side. BTW, don't buy NAPA axles.
Get a good one at RAxles (http://www.raxles.com). Not only are their axles
better, they're not terribly expensive, they stand behind their work, and they
support other SE-R owners.

Carson M. Hanrahan                        '91 Classic w/the usual stuff
"It is better to go into a corner slow and come out fast than to go
into a corner fast and come out dead" - Stirling Moss