Flywheel question

Wayne Cox wmc_sr20@bellsouth.net
Wed, 17 Jul 2002 19:49:36 -0500

Question re. flywheel resurfacing:  Is the B13 SR20 flywheel flat, or does
it have a "step" machined in?

The Local Yocal machine shop I'll be taking Lisa's flywheel to insists
their spec book calls for a 0.007" step on it.  The only one I've
disassembled or seen, albeit 6 or 15 times, is the assy from my 92
SE-R.  That flywheel damn sure looked flat, and was resurfaced that way a
couple times.

The JUN lightweight I installed had a step;  but it was non-stock in a lot
of ways.

Any word on the "correct" way to do it?  I will also be putting in the 2000
model's clutch disk, which is supposed to be a touch thicker.  Maybe with
the step would be unnecessary or bad?
   -Wayne