Oh Joy... More car troubles (clutch)

George Roffe geo3@earthlink.net
Tue, 16 Jul 2002 21:08:16 -0500

Wayne Cox wrote:

>The damn thing doesn't release, even with the pedal on the floor so it
>protests pretty badly if you try to force it into a gear.  Starting it in
>gear with the pedal down, it still tries to move.

>Must'a blown up a pressure plate or the T.O. Bearing  :(

Could also be the hub is hanging up on the splines.  Kind of weird I grant
you, but I had that happen on my CRX.  Not so bad it wouldn't release
though.  Just dragged.  Happened when my former wife was trying to drive it
(at my urging) so I couldn't say much. :-/

>Sorry Geo, et al, but I ain't gonna check the archives.

Hey, with all you've contributed over the years, and the fact that you're a
card carrying list old-fart, I wouldn't ever say anything. :-)

>So - what is that late model clutch disk that is the hot setup to order
>now a days?  A 2000 model or sumpthin'?

Yep.

Or, a key value clutch kit is (or at least was) $99 or so from Courtesy.

George Roffe
Houston, TX
91 SE-R (well modded)
91 G20 turbo (well modded)
84 944 SCCA ITS race car under construction
<http://home.earthlink.net/~geo3/>