Oh Joy... More car troubles (clutch)

Wayne Cox wmc_sr20@bellsouth.net
Tue, 16 Jul 2002 20:56:51 -0500

<Cartman>
OH !!  GODDAMMIT!!  Why is it, that everything in the last 2 months has to
involve something either breaking or wearing out on my NXen?!
</Cartman>

Lisa just came home -- complaining of clutch problems in NX.  Even with all
I've blown up myself, I don't think I've had one like this.  Pedal, cable,
and lever action are normal, but really rough at the bottom of travel.  The
damn thing doesn't release, even with the pedal on the floor so it protests
pretty badly if you try to force it into a gear.  Starting it in gear with
the pedal down, it still tries to move.

Must'a blown up a pressure plate or the T.O. Bearing  :(

Sorry Geo, et al, but I ain't gonna check the archives.  Gotta  start
tearing this bitch apart tonight, and order parts tomorrow.

So - what is that late model clutch disk that is the hot setup to order now
a days?  A 2000 model or sumpthin'?  Guess I'll do that and stock
parts.  TIA for any responses to my Lame Arse question.

  -Wayne Cox
     '92 SE-R  First in the Fourteens - now parts car?????
        '91 NX2k quick beater  '93NX2k  Lisa's