Tools

Wayne Cox wmc_sr20@bellsouth.net
Sun, 14 Jul 2002 20:43:42 -0500

At 08:06 PM 7/14/2002 -0500, you wrote:
>Also, I want to purchase a dremel or similar type machine and I've noticed

Dremels are nice to have around.  But don't expect it to live up to the
hype or be the last word in cutting and grinding.  Also, the attachments
(sanders, cutters, etc) are absurdly expensive!

Some of the jobs they suggest you can do with one would actually take all
day and about $40 of consumables.  Think:  washing your entire car's
exterior with Q-tips!  Dremels are about like that!

For most of they stuff you imagine using a Dremel on, what you really want
is an air-powered die grinder.  The $100 you might blow on one [Dremel] is
a good down payment on an air compressor & accoutrements!
   -WC