Egr and Fubar

George Roffe geo3@earthlink.net
Sun, 14 Jul 2002 18:45:39 -0500

Mark wrote:

>Finally decided that my trusty vise grips were not going to allow me
>enough torque in these quarters, plus the nut seems to be sealed pretty
>tight with some sort of rust or mineral. Sprayed it one more time with
>some blaster, then put everything back together.

>No, I didn't get the EGR tube off, but you know something, I don't mind.

Sounds like the perfect time to install a header. :-)

Remove the old manifold with the EGR tube attached and you can work on it
out of the car.  Then just install a header (used ones can be found for
pretty reasonable prices.

But, ah....., good luck getting the old cat bolts off. ;-)

>PS. George, you really are a good guy... despite the King Turd title.

Who is this, Joe Isuzu (he's lying)? ;-)

George Roffe
Houston, TX
91 SE-R (well modded)
91 G20 turbo (well modded)
84 944 SCCA ITS race car under construction
<http://home.earthlink.net/~geo3/>